Saturday, September 29, 2007

Gospel

Bishop Fulton J. Sheen once wrote:

"If I had never been a sinner, I never could call Jesus Saviour."

This is indeed the Gospel, the Good News of our Lord Jesus Christ...
That He came not for the just, but for the sinful.

This is Good News to people who are drawn to Christ but think themselves too sinful to ever be forgiven.

This is Good News to Christians who are plagued by guilt and shame for falling into sin over and over again despite their best efforts.

This is the Good News that we are to preach to the ends of the earth, which we often forget, deeming some people to be too difficult to love.

Lord, thank You for Your Gospel.
I am amazed at how thorough is Your salvation, that when in my ignorance I rejected You and lived as though I don't know You, still You have first loved me and chose to die for me.
Now my life is Yours. Though I may falter and lose hope, let me be an instrument of the Gospel.

I'm not ashamed of the Gospel, Lord.
With Your power & Your love, You saved my soul.
Now I'm alive in You! I live in the Risen Son!
-- from the song "I'm Not Ashamed" by Hillsong

No comments: