Tuesday, September 25, 2007

God's Greatest Plan




"God's greatest plan for His Son... Was to die on the Cross."


Thanks to brother Daniel for sharing that very sobering sentence.

Sometimes in my zeal, it is so easy to think that I would give my life to serve God and do great things for Him.

It may sound very noble but often the "I" stands out more than it should.

Sometimes when people tell me that they see me doing awesome works for God's Kingdom, it is easy to envision grand things... a stage, a big crowd... though these may indeed be what is to come, but is it really how the Lord defines "awesome works"?


After all, the grand plan of the salvation of humanity was accomplished in the most inhuman way possible... the King of Majesty unjustly accused, scourged, paraded as a criminal and His naked body finally nailed to the Cross for all the world to see.

Yup... that's God's greatest plan for Jesus Christ... the redemption of the whole world.


Lord, help me to not look to the future til I forget the present reality... For here I am, a servant who thinks more highly of himself than he probably should. For now I am, a "leader" who really needs You to tell him how to proceed and where to go.

Father, thank You for teaching me everyday... that when I think I am wise, I may be a fool. That when I think I am right, I may be wrong. That when I think I am justified, I may be judging.

Spirit, thank You for Your gentleness & Your patience... Help me to surrender my will to You more and more. Amen.

No comments: