Thursday, September 20, 2007

God's Rhinos



Some of you who have seen the links in my blog might have wondered


"Huh, what are these Rhinos for God?"


Well, they are...


Rhino no.1 - Mervin Prakash

Rhino no.5 - Clement Chua

Rhino no.7 - Daniel Sim

Rhino no.69 - Wilfred Chua


A band of brothers from Zion's Joy, a youth ministry based in the Immaculate Heart of Mary Church.


I got to know Daniel when Zion's Joy (affectionately called ZJ, according to them) attended their first SACCRE Youth meeting at the beginning of the year. I was immediately drawn by his openness in sharing, passion for God and clear enthusiasm to be part of the Youth Wing of the Catholic Charismatic Renewal in Singapore.

I went to help for one of the days when ZJ organised a Youth Empowered in the Spirit! Camp (or YES! Camp.. man, they are good with these catchy names huh?) and got to know the other Rhinos.

Since then, through our fellowship in outings and SACCRE events, I've come to admire & respect these fine young men, with their fiery passion for God & the building of His Kingdom.


Before I met them, I used to wonder if I'm crazy for charging everywhere to serve in various camps, churches & ministries in many different ways... I just cannot stop going for my God, so captivated am I by the Glory that is Yahweh & the Awesomeness that is Jesus, His Son.


Guess what, not only have my four brothers been at it longer than I have, they have even come up with a term for what they do.. being Rhinos for God.

But being Rhinos isn't all about charging blindly... They have come to learn that even Rhinos need some downtime, to graze in the pasture that the Lord leads them too... (think Psalm 23)
Right, guys? =)


Why God's Rhinos, you might ask? Not something more majestic like Eagles, or more magnificent like Lions? Well, I'll let the originators tell the story themselves... Go dig up the archives in their blog through the link on the left side of your screen.


If you're reading this, guys, thanks for your friendship, honest sharing, encouragements & affirmations... It's been a joy to serve with you, and I feel confident we can accomplish great things for our God, charging alongside each other... =)


Something I found on the net, to remind you guys that no matter how garang a Rhino can be... In God's loving eyes, You're still His bundles of joy.... ;)


"Aww... So cuuuttteee!" -- God

P.S. Mario Chua, if you're reading this too... You may not call yourself a Rhino, but you're no less mighty a servant in God's Kingdom! Cheers to you too, bro!

No comments: