Thursday, December 13, 2007


"I've been dreaming of a true love's kiss..."

Yep... I watched Disney's Enchanted yesterday and I can't quite get that tune out of my head now.

I'm not what you would call a hopeless romantic...
Marriage is an effort. You gotta make it work. It's easy to fall out of love, the challenge is to stay in love. Etc. Etc. ....

But wouldn't it be nice to believe in the fairytale happily ever after romance?
Especially in a world where divorce rates are at an alarmingly high percentage, where Adam often ends up with Steve.

The fact is, there is just something about love.
That makes every joe into a hero. That stirs up a whimsy in the most stern faces.
There is something magical about love.
It makes us believe in magic carpet rides.. knights in shining armour.. a beauty in the castle tower.

Perhaps that is why God is so intoxicating... A being of pure, unconditional Love.
There is nothing quite like the presence of Abba in a room... A gentle reassuring Love that opens up the floodgates of the heart and brings you to your knees in sweet surrender.

Perhaps that is how Christ found the strength to embrace the Cross at the Via Dolorosa... Love kept Him going. At those agonising moments, He saw the faces of each and every one of us and He remembered how madly in love He is... and He picked Himself up from the dirt.

The Romans were amazed at how this fool clings feverishly to the instrument of His doom...
They did not understand Love...

So Pilate asked, "What is Truth?"
He did not understand Love...

For Love is the Truth...
That God so loves the world He sent His One and Only Son, so that those who believe in Him may not perish but have life eternal.

I guess God put that love in each one of us, so we may have an inkling of the mystery of the Passion. What made the Son of God willingly take the punishment that should have been borne by us.
Love enables us to become Alter Christus... the Other Christ... To love another human being more than we care for ourselves.

When a man and a woman unite in matrimony, they experience a glimmer of the intimacy shared by the Trinity. A union of heart, body and soul.

So yeah... maybe I have been dreaming of a "true love's kiss", and the princess I'm hoping comes with this.
Ha ha.. Funny how it takes a movie to bring out what a recollection at the Seminary could not quite pinpoint.

But hey, you know what... First and foremost, Lord, my life is Yours.
And this remains my heart's one desire... To be set apart for You, my Master, ready to do Your will.
For I believe I have experienced true love, and it's only gonna get much better as I continue to run after my Saviour King... Ha ha... Yeah, it's official; I'm crazy for this Guy! =)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I just stumbled upon your blog and I just wanted to say... I saw Enchanted yesterday and I love your spin on it. Just like 1 Corinthians tells us... in 13:8.. "Love Never Fails."

May you continue to find your love in Him. Happy Holidays!