Sunday, December 23, 2007

Cupcakes & Chocolate Cakes

Had 3 cakes yesterday.

To mark the end of my 26th year on earth.


I love the cupcake from Becky...
It may be small in size, but I loved every bite. Really was a very sweet thing to do, literally and figuratively speaking... haha

The next cake caught this jaded birthday celebrant offguard.
A meeting room at St. Joseph's Church priests' house was a rather offbeat venue to be celebrating someone's birthday.
But hey, the thought really counts... A big thanks to my sister Elaine for that.

I shared the third cake with Amplify's December babies.
Didn't really wanna go up there, since I'm just a guest in their house.
But well, the crowd had spoken.... And I do appreciate everyone praying for me la... haha
It's good to be welcomed in a community.


For me, it's the fact that someone remembers which warms my heart.
To be remembered, is really a great thing in a life that's like a flower quickly fading.
And to have someone remember one's birthday, is one of God's little ways of reminding me...
That I am special and dearly loved in His eyes, especially in this day when He fondly remembers the moment when He brought me into this world.


I am a flower quickly fading
Here today and gone tomorrow
A wave tossed in the ocean, like vapour in the wind
Still You hear me when I'm calling
You catch me when I'm falling
You told me who I am
I am Yours
-- from "Who Am I" by Casting Crowns

No comments: