Saturday, December 22, 2007

I love long bus rides.
Though it can get a pain in the ass sometimes (literally), I enjoy the time I have to myself... To listen to praise & worship music, or to be lost in reflection.

There can be so many things to do on any given day, that sometimes I forget to take the time to think... to reflect... That only when I have to sit in a bus, with no one to talk to and nothing to do but sit still, is when I spend that time with inner self... and with my God.

I was on one such bus ride today, from Bishan to airport to welcome some visiting relatives.
My mind drifted to my job search, my ministry, and the people I am journeying with.
I am feeling a little bit tired.
For all the progress and growth I'm blessed with this year, I find myself wanting to catch a breather as 2007 draws to a close.
Sharing in a person's life can be a pretty absorbing task. It's easy to find oneself drawn into another's life situations and burdens... Problems that one finds oneself unequipped to handle.
Words fail... or sometimes they seem too cheap to say.

Lord... How can I do this? How can I keep running the race with these people when I don't know where they could be headed?
There again the Lord reminded me of the answer... That I don't need to have it.
What I have to do, is to ask Him.
Ask Him to show me His vision for the people I'm walking with.
Pray for them, and surrender them to Him... For they are God's children, not mine.
I'm just an instrument.

The burden is not mine to carry... it is Jesus'.
With that realisation comes a relief, a sense of peace... My friends are in God's hands, just as I am. It brings a willing surrender... a welcome sense of need I feel for my Lord.

His yoke is easy, His burden is light.
He's full of wisdom, power and might.

Lord, this is a declaration of dependence.
Jesus, I need You...
Jesus, I want You...

I am... Captivated.

No comments: