Sunday, October 7, 2007

An Offering Of Worship



Any Christian could tell you that King David was the most recognisable worshiper in the Old Testament. The man was responsible for majority of the Psalms, works of thanksgiving and praise to the Most High God that have been sung for generations. Also known for his undignified act of extravagant worship as he danced with all his might in front of the Ark of the Covenent procession, revelling in the marvels of his awesome Creator.

One of the most memorable things David said about worship was this...

"I will not bring before my God that which has cost me nothing."

Praise is a sacrifice.

I guess yesteday's YAM prayer meeting was a sacrifice of praise for me.
I really wanted to go to a BBQ I was invented to attend, for a chance to enjoy good food and great fellowship with brothers & sisters I don't get to see so often. They're a lovely bunch of people and I was really looking forward to seeing them again.

But despite that desire I still volunteered to lead praise & worship as well as to give a talk this weekend at YAM. Somehow I felt that I had to be there to do this.


During the time of sharing at the end, a few of the sisters who attended the prayer meet said that they had a good time of worship, and they really felt the Lord comforting them through the songs. Even my brother who played guitar for me, himself an unquenchable worshiper, shared that this time he felt he could really enter into worship with his music. It was a new experience for him.

One thing I noticed, they were not crediting me for the good time of worship. I praise God for that, for it means I have done what a worship leader was meant to do... Point people to Jesus during worship =)

I sat there and quietly took it all in.
All I could do was give thanks to the Lord, praising Him for using me as His instrument.
Yes, it was His purpose that I was to lead worship at this particular session.
If I had to deny myself by giving up going for the BBQ, then let it be a sacrifice of praise.

For "I will not bring before my God, that which has cost me nothing."


May it be a fragrant offering that brings pleasure to my Father's heart.

No comments: